Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

When nature strikes

The past few weeks nature gave us many sunshines and warm themperatures, it really felt like spring has come, even early summer-like feelings... The nature was waking up, all blooming... We were walking around with short sleeves, preparing garden for the vegetables etc.

Then yesterday it struck... Rain was falling, slowly turning to frozen rain (saw it pile up on neighboor's garage) then snow, really a lot of it falling down for hours... 

It suddenly got colder by 10 degrees or more... I wasn't paying much attention to it, thinking ah it won't be much... Then today I woke up to this...


The difference is visible right... Since am home alone (mom went out for the day), I took Max out for his toilet needs and kept watching this scene... The flowers sticking their pretty blooms out of the snow... the blooms on trees are watery, look like someone drained energy out of them, fearing how the apples will be able to grow now... The neighbor's elderberry, blooming plum and hazel trees all bent to our side really low, some are broken and will need to be cut a bit... I helped them by gently cleaning some snow off of them... I cleaned snow from protective fabric we have placed over blueberries that were already blooming... some of the blooms were on the floor... blooming strawberries were covered in 10-15cm snow... When I cleared snow from the currants I saw it was already making little balls... I can't see asparagus that was courageously pushing his way out of the earth... 

It saddens me a bit... Nature's surprises...

No comments:

Post a Comment