Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Little update

I am still working on this psychology book that I need to correct. I didn't explain before but when the book is scanned for blind and partially sighted, the computer transforms pictures into text by recognizing the signs :D Thing is when you do this, mistakes appear (like instead of e, there can be c or o. Or with numbers 2 often appears as 3 or 8 and similar stuff...). For computer that seems fine but when you see the meaning it is like na-ah so totally wrong :) So what I do? I read the whole book through (only 800 pages or so lol), correct mistakes, make chapters, errase all text decorations that blind can not see but "code" it differently. For example I can not use bold or italic because that doesn't tell them anything. The text-to-voice or braille line doesn't show that. I use "" instead. The problem is also with the footnotes because braille line doesn't read it... What about pictures? Should describe them? How when there are complicated pictures and explain it in a way someone who can't see, can imagine it? Luckily I don't do descriptions yet, I only insert the text behind the picture or below it that is already in original text. How fast does this go? In 7 hours (more or less concentrated) I make 25-30 pages... Lovely :)

Also I called and made a date for my white baby's first doctor's appointment :) I'm talking about my car I bought last year :) Preventive check up after half a year :) I hope my baby won't be scared too much :D Stupid girl it's a car, a machine, it doesn't have feelings... Yes it does, shut up :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment