Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Little bit about my boy :D


My little boy, since we got him as a year or so old puppy, was always afraid of water... Is it only a breed or is there something else? Will come back to this topic later. First let me tell his trip before he came to us. 

He was born in a nice family but because the owners of his mother couldn't raise the many new puppies, they were all given away to other people in hopes of good care. Not long after the first owner got the notice from a shelter kilometers away that he was found and to come pick him up. I don't know how long he was in the shelter thou but when he came back home, his mother didn't recognize him anymore and they were in constant fight for toys, loud etc. So the owner decided to give him away again but this time to people that would really care for him. So he found us who saw his advertisement in a newspaper. There was only one condition when we came to pick him up. We signed a paper that we would stay in contact and inform them how Max is doing so the same thing wouldn't happen again. I guess he was damn lucky boy who is being 1000% spoiled now :D 


He somehow looked insecure and scared when we got him, right? awww

Going back to the water thingy. Since he was with us, he was always afraid of water. On a walk he avoided water on the road, when it rains he wouldn't go outside and worst, he didn't like to bath, go to river or sea... The last two is okay, I never would force him but he needs to take a bath then and then. It was tough at first, he would go nowhere bathroom, even less inside the bath (but once he was inside he was still as a rock). He even snarled at us once... No good... 

Then Anny tried to find a solution. I looked for a way how to make him like the bath time... I searched the net for infos first and when I got the basic idea I wanted to try it. I noticed that he is crazy for treats (who wouldn't be :D) and invited him inside the bathroom while he was able to see the cookie. Then I placed the cookie on the other side of the bath, telling him to go pick it up if he wants it. Meanie me I know but going inside a bath has been troubles in the first place so that had to be a start. At first he only looked at the cookie, sad it was so far away, even softly whined. At times I admit, I picked the treat and gave it to him but with time and time, he went inside on his own, picked the treat and then I let him leave. Simply as that. 

Once he learned that, it was last year or the year before then... The summer was really hot and somehow I thought that refreshing him a little (who was breathing toughly even inside the cold house, sticking to the wall). I almost daily invited him inside the bath and only freshed his paws and with hand a little bit on his head and neck. I guess he slowly started to like it as he understood it cooled him down. When summer ended the winter came. When the snow is being cleared they sometimes throw salt as well right and all that nasty snow from cars etc. I had another reason to wash his paws (also to prevent any troubles with his paws). 

These days when I say: "Let's go wash your paws." and hint towards the bathroom, he runs there, jumps inside and waits, even if it is only paw wash lol when he comes outside, he waits for me to dry him a little before he runs off (and falls :P). 

But recently he is shocking me about how daring he became :D Other day I wash my hair while bending inside the bath and at one time I open my eyes and see him under my armpit, looking what I was doing and even licking my face a bit :D The other time I was showering and didn't fully close the door lol mom told him to go check what I was doing and he ran inside the bathroom :D He stood there by the door, licking his mouth as if waiting for a cake to bake lol when I stepped out, he rushed and licked my legs lol (did so before but not in bathroom lol)

Honestly I am really proud of our little boy ^^ Am adding a few pictures :D There is supposed to be somewhere a picture from our cookie trainings to go inside the bath hihi but can't find it so let's show what he enjoy best beside the bath lol 
Few of those things are: 
- "sunbathing and also lying on the window" 
- "eating boooones and treats" :D 
- "helping my people even if that means sticking my nose or butt where I shouldn't" 
- "pretending to be a girl" 
- "spending time on computer, wait disturbing and lying on lap" 
- "happily browsing though my mom's gifts" and 
- "being lazy and snuggle most of the time" XD


"I got better at this bathing thing right? Now, don't say I'm cute, just don't..."



No comments:

Post a Comment