Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Asian music and me


It is my first post in the personal section and since I got the great idea, let me start off with this. :P

I often find myself in a difficult situation when people ask me of my taste in music. Here, asian music isn't that known or hmmm accepted as something good, I think many still swear like the ones in english language or our own is best and top of the world. Sure it is, I admit I like it too but my daily life has almost always asian music as well, is kinda dominant.


So often it is tough to tell people like: "I like korean music, rock and pop bands." Without getting weird looks... I'm getting better at that though, am more open like I was. At the place where I worked at, they almost all knew what I listen to and they accepted it pretty well which made me open up more. Why I was closed up, still am a bit. It is my ex boyfriend. We shared 5 of our favorite music clips back then. His were all okay and so then it was my turn... He didn't listen to them fully, skipped and then told me: "How can you listen to this crap..." >~<

I know I don't always fully listen to other people's music that they share to me but I accept their tastes and would never say such rude words.

Since my closed up state is getting better, now there is one more thing to clear. People still ask me like: "Do you even understand the lyrics?!" haha honestly? More or less no, only few words here and there as I am slowly learning the language. So now I got the idea how to reply. ;)

Did you know that even blind people enjoy WATCHING movies? They don't have to see the scenes to know what is going on and they usually have another person with them that can explain the scene a bit more to help. Somehow I think I am similar with listening to a music I can't understand. I can still hear the singer's voices, can feel the emotions in them or in the music with it. My helpers are the people that kindly translate the lyrics. :D

Let's continue to enjoy what we like and stop judging other people for their tastes. 8D

-- Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment