Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Kal Ho Na Ho (Indian movie)

Warning: Possible spoilers...

Note: It was my first time watching Indian movie so I can't use many names here... that is my general weakness so I hope it will make sense :)

It is actually tough to write a review of this movie without spilling some major spoilers here... Anny the spoiler queen, let's do my best not to go with my title :)


Story is about a student girl Naina who lives with her mother and grandmother who are bickering on daily basis, disabled brother and adopted sister who isn't accepted by their grandmother. She also has two friends, the girl that lives next door and a bit playboyish male best friend with whom she is often studying and in generally gets along with. The best to describe her is a word cactus :) She looks stern, smart student (glasses do the work), constantly in bad mood, greyish world with no colors. Then one day next door moves a new face with his mother who suddenly brings colors to her life and her family, his positive attitude towards the world making her see what she was missing. Taught her to smile again and so on until she eventually falls for him and her best friend slowly falls for her :) But when she confesses her feelings to the new neighbor, she learns the shocking news that he is married... Ok so I should stop here to avoid the spoilers :) All I can say is that this is where the funny stuff from first half of the movie take a big turn, things you didn't see before come to light and if not earlier then for sure at the end of the movie you can't hold back the tears. At least I couldn't :) 

Must say I liked it more than I thought I would :) All the mixed feelings throughout the 3 hours or so. It is good, real good mix of genres :) Watch it :3

No comments:

Post a Comment