Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Signal (korean drama)

Warning: possible spoilers!

I finished this drama yesterday but let me again rely on my laziness :D And secondly I had to sleep it over and collect my thoughts about this one :)

Story is set in police environment and our main characters are Park Hae Young (criminal profiler), Cha Soo Hyun (team leader of criminal department) and Lee Jae Han.(detective from 1989). Hae Young, who has his own behind story, in 2015 accidentally comes accross a walkie-talkie which connects him to a detective in 1989, Jae Han. Together they solve cases or try to catch the criminal sooner to prevent further victims. But things aren't that easy when you deal with a time thingy, right? Future changes... People's fates changes... On top of that they try to figure out why and how Jae Han went missing in 2000. 


So this drama brings forth some of the typical, time themed, topics but I like how the drama focuses on few cases which are important to the main characters to change their lives for the future. If someone told you how your life would be 15 years later and that there is a chance to change it for the better? Wouldn't you do it? But they mostly focus on cases, victims and how to put the criminals in prison as soon as possible. Honestly you get to see some nice criminals as well and their stories. It was done well to go deeper in them. Also the blending between 2015 and 1989 (and later) was done really well, it always changes, connects, changes etc. What I minded thou was that last episode had too much in it... like my coworker would say: "Like a pizza with too many toppings." :D It made me a little confused... I read some blogs later to get a better picture but somehow still feel bit of unhappines towards it... Can't really explain it that well :P As for the cast in general, we get such great cast, really... and characters are build and carved though the whole drama. You discover some things at the begining but slowly you add things to them. And they are characters that feel people around them, they feel their pain, they feel desperation when they can't/failed to change the past etc. Good ones!

I should stop here right? XD Anyway, recommendable I guess, still good one :) Adding only really few pics of my 3 favorite characters :) The woman was really great too but I focus on guys as usually :3

No comments:

Post a Comment