Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Small notebook (handmade)

It has been some time since I decided to make small version of notebooks I made in past. My first intention was to re-use blank pages of stripped paper I have in pilles from old school notebooks. So why not use it right? 


So it started probably a month ago, the cutting, the folding. Then I had a little break before I finally decided it shouldn't wait longer and started sewing the pages together. Followed gluing, putting it in my amateur press made of two heavy books :) Then came another small break because I couldn't decide which cardbox of my small leftovers to use :) So when I finally decided, the covers were done pretty fast. Again drying and realizing I used too much glue... some spots of paper from my press remained on pretty red wrapping... so what to do? Let's get creative and add things to the covers. Added the red band but it still looked a little empty... Looked through my things I did before and found this flower and idea nicely clicked that it would look awesome on front cover :D Adding some white band for contrast and some tear drops on front cover and on the book back. 

Result? I really really love it!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment