Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Spending and creating

Lately I had this sudden urge to create something. God help me when I go to Ebay just to feed my curiousity or when I step through the door of Rayher hobby art supply store. I would call that my dreamland. 

Not long ago I went to Rayher and surprisingly didn't spend that much and didn't buy as much as my heart wanted. Remember my dream house post from the other day? If I could, I would grab it all and take it home, spending my time creating :) But my catch wasn't big this time :) Only one scrapbooking beautiful paper, flower pattern fabric and the thingy that was on my wishlist: edge cutter which makes round edge on the paper. See? Finally!
The reason for paper and fabric was a little gift for my friend who helped me with my online ordering last time. She ordered 3 books for me and I just need to pay her back. Also, I wanted to make her something as a thank you. The result? Fabric card!
How was it made? It isn't a secret :D I wrapped the cardboard into fabric and glued it, careful with the corners and at points with more layers. While gluing the fabric I glued also a little band which closes the card. Next, I wrapped button-template into same fabric and sewn it to the card.  The folding of the card is a little tougher because I had to be careful the fold was done neatly (also used hammer pfff). Next I took the flower pattern paper, cut the right size, folded it in half, punctured the paper and also through the cover. The paper was then sewn to the cover. And yes, I had to use the new edge cutter on the paper :3 What is missing now is some drawing on the paper and writing a lovely notice for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment