Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Technology spending


"In this day and age, if I don't have a printer at home, it is like I'm missing my left arm. Sure, I don't use it every day or often but when I do, I really need it. I wish when those times come that it works properly like it should."
Well that was my problem for quite a while now. I have a printer at home but when I needed it, it didn't work. Of course the inks dried up... I think the head of it is also messy... Repair or cleaning would cost plus he served his time long enough. I had enough of spending time wondering what is wrong or why at last try it didn't even recognize the inks... That's it!

I said to mom many times that I want to buy a new one. She was usually the one against it. But now I calculated my finances and once I was sure I can, I decided to buy new one, this time laser one.

Yesterday when I came home it was hectic because so many things arrived. Mom said three postmen came in just one day rofl. They brought not only my printer but also the plug-in with 7 USB ports and new tablet for mom. First thing after finishing lunch was to turn on the tablet for mom (which I and dad bought for her birthday) and make it usable. All the basic settings, sync, creating accounts and updating apps and the system. After that I unwrapped the big package which was mine. I first unpacked the USB plug-in and made it already useful. It now calmly hangs under my table with two discs plugged in and the small USB port for wireless mouse and typing board. Ah feels better :)

Then came finally the printer's turn. I love his looks, it fits to my new room and even the size is perfect fit for where the old one was. I installed the machine (screen language etc.) and tested it to copy things. Cool all works. Then was the turn for PC installing. I worried here for a bit. My lappy had for quite some time problem with reading CDs. But it worked! Miracle... Installed the printer, drivers and printed test page. It works. Then installed the scanner to PC, tested and it lovely sends PDF to my computer. Last thing I did was install a program that was included in the package. I loved this little surprise when I saw full version CD of Abby finereader 10. I use this program at work too. It changes scanned pictures into text. I will lovely use it :) My wish now is: please new friend, serve me well and for as long as possible :)

What surprised me most in all this commotion these days was my dad. When I mentioned him I'll buy a new printer, he almost pushed 50€ in my hand. He said he never really gave me allowance before and that usually even my birthday presents aren't much. I didn't know he thought this far or that it might have bothered him. He, since he is on his own, always has bit of problems with the money, still owes mom and me something. After their break up I avoided him for a while as much as I could. Which was tough since we are neighbors. I didn't like him for a while... I saw him as a bad man who hurt my mom... Now it isn't like this anymore, it got better. I understand him more now that I'm older (not fully but okay)... That is why I also need to tell him on my next birthday that even small things are okay for me. I don't need grand things, just that he remembers, says good wishes. That is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment