Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Candles

Today's main theme is candles in general and candles as in light/warmth bringers. Do you like to light candles? I certainly am one of those who like to do it. I have those little ones at home and especially in autumn and winter I light them. Not only my room smells a bit nicer, it is also a pleasant sight to look at when the little fire dances around or the beautiful golden shadows it creates in the dark. 

My mother lit 60 of her candles yesterday. I'm joking, the number 60 would be a bit... tough right. We bought two candles with number 6 and 0. I am not sure if mom would be able to blow all 60 if we were to try it out. It was more than okay. Luckily the problems with the gifts for her were also nicely solved. Dad and I bought her a big tablet computer (I stole her previous one) so she has bigger screen. She mainly uses it for games but is a lot more fun if she sees it better right? I also told her how she can read books, where to get them etc. so she might try it out. But slowly, bit by bit. One sister as I said before sent her to the seaside few months ago. Second plans to buy her a pan that works similar as oven as well. Can make pizza in it etc. if she uses it as closed. As open it can be a pan + bbq. Lovely. As for dad's stepsister and her husband, they bought her a dryer for the fruit, vegetables etc. Today we are testing it already. Pealed some apples and one persimon, cut it into slices now it will dry for about 5 hours on 55 degrees. We will see :) 

Also yesterday for mom's birthday we went to eat outside, 9 adults + 2 children (nephews). Enjoyed the yummy food, calm restaurant. It was lovely. I couldn't look away from the big tummy of my sister, she said the baby girl (she will be called Zala) sometimes kicks so much that the covers move. :D Very active girl. The little David nephew was really good. I took him in my lap and he kept laughing at me while being busy with hitting the table with the spoon or pushing it around his mouth. So sweet <3 Rok, the bigger nephew, seems to have inflamed ears (again...). When we came, I took him inside and he told me his ears hurt. Poor boy slept soon and was later in bad mood due to the ears. They went home soon after lunch while we moved to our house for cake and some more chatting. Later sister called and said nephew is on antibiotics and has a fever... She called today to tell he is normal again.

Lastly, since the topic is candles, tomorrow is the day of all who passed before us. When we went to cemetary nearby the smell of candles was in the air. I don't want to nag how they say: light one candle less if you can, for the environment. Or use the electronic candles. I think according to smell and sight, still many people prefer candles, to light it in memory of someone they loved. I also like the real candles and I also light it at home sometimes. I didn't lose many people... I don't really know the loss... but I am thinking of my grandpa sometimes. I was really close to him when it comes to my grandparents. So when I light the candle at home I sometimes light it with a thought of him. I have a picture of him in my room as well, close to where I lit my candles. It gives that warm feeling when I look at his picture and the golden light dancing close to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment