Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

When Marnie was there (japanese animated movie)

From time to time I check some cinemas and what they have for us and there is this smaller one that often has something for my taste, few months ago was korean movie and japanese movie :D This time I noticed this animated movie and was almost instantly up for it. Especially since it is Ghibli's production (I read it might be even last one o.O ). Remembering Howl's moving castle I watched looong ago and Ponyo that I watched last year, I went to the cinema will lotsa of anticipation xD

Story is about a 12 years old Anna who likes to draw but is more of a silent type, not really getting along with anyone, alone. She is little bit different than the others or so she feels. She has asthma and to try and help her with that her foster parents send her to her uncle and aunt outside of the city to get better air and so :D There she comes accross an old abandoned mansion and befriends this mysterious foreign girl who she even sees in her dreams. A friend Marnie that also asks her to not tell anyone about their friendship. Kinda all wrapped up in mystery. With Marnie's help and her also sad story, Anna slowly discovers more of her own family and also gets livelier, accepting herself more as well, growing up. 


Whole story gives you this Ghiblish feeling lol that human touch, human nature, ordinary problems and also this human warmth. It has great animation and dubbing (voice and sounds), nature looks like real and so on :D Such little details... It also has a bit of a twist in the story about who Marnie actually is hihi but won't reveal that. Will only say it is worth the watch, I even dropped a tear or two (psssst *hides*)  because I somehow connected to how Anna and Marne were feeling, their loneliness, friendship and all others :D The ending song also moved me, it is included in the trailer I added below :D

No comments:

Post a Comment