Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Birthday trip to the sea

I think this was my earliest visit to the sea. Usually first was around first May but few weeks ago I got the urge to see the sea for my birthday :D We heard the weather will be really great and so we went yesterday (a day before birthday but still counts) XD

Indeed the weather was totally amazing. Walking on sun felt like it was summer already, the sun was shining all the time so brightly <3 Only in the shade was slightly cold or even really cold if you sat in place for a while :) 

We more or less walked around, the kiddo me wanted to look for sea shells and we took many photos so we really had slow pace and often walked on rocks instead on the road :D We had only 3 stops: coffee, lunch, another drink. Below is somehow shown our road :D




As for the pictures I took (over 200) of the sea and its surrounding, here is strictly picked out a few of them :D 

First there was Fiesa where we parked our car (for free as it is still out of season hihi) and walked around the bigger of the two lakes which lie close to the shore but its water is fresh not salty which is really interesting :D Saw some ducks as well and gulls were resting and bathing too :D Lovely :D 


Then from Fiesa to Piran we took the path along the sea. It is great hihi we most of the time walked on the rocks as it was more fun than the path lol If you wonder about the stone wall on the pictures below... It's actually flysh cliff, geological/historical layers or sequence of sedimentary rocks usually cut by the sea :D The path from Fiesa to Piran goes there and the path has also sign that says: Crossing on individual reasponsibility. Rocks can fall down at any time... the size of the rock is obviously visible as they are resting in the sea :D The stone cliffs are interesting to see also down in the water which looks like someone paved the sea bottom :D Is all naturally :D


The path later goes higher up and it turns more greenish scenery around us :D Until it slowly leads us to Piran with the main church visible in the distance too :D Yes we went past it later :D 

 

As the church lies a little higher, the look over whole Piran is nicely visible. Looking down to the houses almost glued together and the Giuseppe Tartini square all bathing in sunlight is really great to see :) It made me think about korean series that was filmed here last weekend :3 Heard even some young people talking about it :D

Then down through the houses we went back towards the sea and had our morning coffee (at 11 AM XD). Then walking along the shore which is tougher to access because of the huge rocks that block the sea from entering the city (Piran was/is often flooded during storms or higher waves, sometimes these huge rocks are moved by them too). What I found interesting is that the huge rocks some even have some shapes obviously not naturally made :D 

 

We also passed the diving museum and okay this was slightly scary to see at the front door :D Reminds me of some scary movies XD But still interesting :D


Time for lunch and some beer :D It was the first time for me to battle with the food on my plate with my bare hands but it was still amusing :) It was also delicious ^^


 After filling our bellies we went towards Portorož but half way we turned around as we were all pretty tired already and had to consider the way back as well :P Still it is obvious Portorož is more of a tourist city, looks more high class lol 



What I found really great along our way was this cat hotel or something like this :D I am not sure if this is actually really used or not but am sure even if it isn't, it once was :D Letting stray cats to have a home <3 And the other sigh that says bed + breakfast :D Seems like cat commercial :D Those cat pictures I wonder if they are to show which cat lives here or is it like when you have some posters in hotels haha :D Looked lovely to me :)


Lastly I picked this picture of me where I am not that well visible muahaha :D It is one of the big rocks carved in with dolphin shape :D Remember in one of my previous posts I said my wish is to one day swim with dolphins? This is for now as close as I got to my wish haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment