Hiatus

Two reasons for hiatus:
- Creating second blog.
- The deep pit of self criticism is getting deeper the more I try to crawl out of it.

Friday, December 25, 2015

The chronicles of evil (korean movie)



First of all this is my first posting in the review section and I might get pretty touchy :D 

So, I stumbled on this movie simply because of Park Seo Jun actor of course. I saw him in some previous dramas (Witch's romance, Kill me, heal me and recently in 2015 aired She was pretty). I can say I pretty much stalk him recently because in my opinion, he is one of suddenly risen actors (or just me). I just like actors who challenge themselves with different roles and not always sticking to the same pattern in which you don't know anymore what character was in which drama/movie :D 

So skipping over the bias talk about PSJ, let's say something about the movie (honestly I didn't really read the summary before watching it, just went with it cuz of PSJ and because I have a thing for crime stuff anyway :D). The movie starts of pretty normal about a well praised police officer in his let's say middle age, much liked by his subbordinates and family (son). Then one day he receives grand award and parties with his colleagues. Being slightly tipsy (not drunk) he takes the cab to drive home. Pretty okay till now right? Sure until the taxi driver takes him to god knows where and attacks him. During the struggle, the police officer accidentally kills the attacker. With his reputation, police life he worked hard for, at stakes, he leaves the scene after clearing the evidence of him being there. Thinking he could hide it was wrong of course :D The next day the corpse of his attacker is found in the middle of the town for every civilian to see. The case becomes big and whole police station is working on it while main cop tries to work his way around the corner and find the one who obviously knows he killed that man. Looking into the case, things from the past start to pour to the surface. An old case where mentally disabled man was occused by police to be a killer who poisoned 12 people in the bar because they needed a killer even if a fake one because they couldn't find the real killer... The police officer's secret accident of killing gets entangled in that old case again and the mastermind trying to manipulate him into killing more people in exchange for keeping his secret. Mastermind who happens to be that mental occused killer's son... 

So the story is a bit typical but also has somehow a charm for me (I hope that isn't only cuz of PSJ...) :D The whole cast acted great, the main police officer, PSJ and Choi Daniel as well who I have also seen in some other great works. But I liked this movie because of one more thing: the good and the bad guy weren't fully good or fully bad but something in between. You can't hate the bad guy, no way (not telling who it is!! hihi) mainly because of his sad story... Btw it was little bit shocking to find out who killed those 12 people in the old case *O* and the end of the movie gives me somehow bitter feelings (but not bad ones, the ending was good, don't mind me :D)

I think that's enough from my side :D If you like crime movies with bit of psychological influance and with some plot twists, I totally recommend this one :D

No comments:

Post a Comment